After what felt like an extended delay, v17 was finally released just days after our last meeting. Well, we have to bite our lips no longer. We can speak it out loud, tell unwary strangers on street corners and in grocery stores all about it and – best of all – we can finally use it!
Come and see what we’re so excited about! We’ll talk all the latest news and insights on FileMaker 17! This should be a lively presentation and discussion.
One needs not look far within our FMPUG-MN membership to find some amazing people and amazing developers. This month the microphone will be passed around to several members who have either volunteered or been “volun-told” to demo and speak about one or more of the new features!
Here’s a smattering of some of the speakers and some of what they’ll be showing and telling us regarding what’s new and different in 17:
• Jon Lung – Portals for Master-Detail layouts
• Bill Miller – FileMaker Go and Local Notification
• Mike Larkin – New Logo (15 slides + an extended demo!)
• Shawn Krueger – Variables in custom dialogs, layout design changes
• Dan Timlin – Button Setup Window Changes, creating directories via script
• Stephen Kerkvliet – FileMaker Server Certificates – what’d’ya know!
• Matt Larson – Licensing changes, setting default fields
• Mike Larkin – Data Migration Tool
• Matthew Dahlquist – FMServer Admin Console changes
* Tim Cimbura – Business context and impact, etc.
Guess what – pizza! If you are eating with the group, please plan on a suggested donation of $7.
However, if pizza (or a sandwich) isn’t your thing, please feel free to bring your own lunch. There is a fridge, freezer, microwave, and toaster oven available – release your inner chef! Drinks provided with your donation.